The information on this website is intended exclusively for qualified investors resident or domiciled in Switzerland.
By clicking on „accept“ you certify that you are a qualified investor resident or domiciled in Switzerland and that you have read, understood and accepted the important information set out below.
Qualified investor: definition
Qualified investors within the meaning of Article 10 of the Swiss Federal Collective Investment Schemes Act of 23 June 2006 (“CISA”) and the Collective Investment Schemes Ordinance of 22 November 2006 (“CISO”) are essentially the following:
1. regulated financial intermediaries such as banks, securities traders, fund management companies and asset managers of collective investment schemes as well as central banks
2. regulated insurance institutions
3. public entities and retirement benefits institutions with professional treasury operations
4. companies with professional treasury operations
5. investors who have concluded a written discretionary management agreement with a regulated financial intermediary pursuant to section 1 whom they have not notified in writing that they do not wish to be considered as qualified investors (no “opting out”);
6. Investors who have concluded a written discretionary management agreement with an independent asset manager whom they have not notified in writing that they do not wish to be considered as qualified investors (no “opting out”) and provided (i) the independent asset manager in its capacity as financial intermediary is governed by Article 2 para 3 (e) of the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 10 October 1997 (“AMLA”), (ii) the independent asset manager is governed by the code of conduct issued by a specific industry body, such code of conduct being recognised as the minimum standard by FINMA, and (iii) the discretionary management agreement complies with the standards of a specific industry body, such standards being recognised as the minimum standard by FINMA; or
7. high-net-worth individuals who have confirmed in writing to a financial intermediary pursuant to section 1, or to an independent asset manager that meets the requirements described in section 6, that they wish to be considered as qualified investors (“opting-in”) and that they (a) have the knowledge required to understand the risks of the investments based on their individual education and professional experience or based on comparable experience in the financial sector and hold assets of at least CHF 500,000, or (b) hold assets of at least CHF 5 million.
If you are an independent asset manager who fulfils the requirements of Article 3 para 2 (c) CISA, you certify hereby that you will use the information on this website that refers to investment funds not approved by FINMA exclusively for those of your clients that are considered as qualified investors within the meaning of Article 10 CISA.